1/11/15

DIY honey oatmeal mask

Ever since I can remember, my skin has been very dry and incredibly sensitive. It has always been a struggle finding safe moisturizers, facial cleansers, and scrubs that don't irritate my skin. I have found home remedies, using natural food products, to be the key to moisturizing.

Today I am sharing my oatmeal honey mask and I am so excited about it because I know that it truly works for sensitive skin types. It is super simple and only requires three ingredients.
~ Two tablespoons of oats
~ One teaspoon of honey
~ One teaspoon of coconut oil


Oatmeal is full of vitamins and minerals that help to lock in moisture and hydrate the skin.
{Oatmeal is a great natural product for treating rough skin conditions like eczema, acne, sunburns, etc
I suggest oatmeal baths... they are quite delightful and leave the skin feeling wonderfully soft and soothing.}

Honey is a great natural, moisturizer and cleanser for the skin due to its many antioxidants and nutrients.

I have found coconut oil to be one of the best moisturizers for dry skin. It can be optional for this mask but I like adding it because it only helps to soften and hydrate the skin. {I use coconut oil as a daily moisturizer and it works wonders!}


When you are finished mixing together all of the ingrediants, apply the mask to your skin and leave for about ten minutes. The oats may occasionally fall off of your skin and I may add... they make for a delicious snack. {Yes, masks made with natural food products are the best kind of masks partly because they are edible!} Once the 10 minutes are up, rinse with warm water and pat dry.
I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment