11/23/14

DIY branch wall decor

Happy Sunday!
Today I spent most of the day outside crafting as the weather was absolutely beautiful. 

This project is one of my favorites. I found the idea a couple months ago from a blog I follow called 'oh the lovely things' and days later, saw the idea on the Urban Outfitters website just using slightly different materials. It is a very easy and inexpensive craft {which we all know are the best kind of crafts}. It only requires you to be adventurous of course-- searching for the perfect branch.


This project can be done with any type of yarn, string, twine, or fabric.

Once you have your material, you will need to cut several pieces to the length of which you would like it to hang. 

You will then fold your material in half and hang it over your branch.

Once hung over your branch like so, you will place the open-ended side through the loop and pull tight.

Once you are finished, you can cut your end material into whatever shape you prefer. I really enjoy cutting mine into the shape of a 'v'. I think it makes the material look fuller when it is hanging.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment